Started January 2 2013

Thursday 10 January 2013

To Assume makes an ASS of U and ME


Slowly I am getting used to this Blogging. Now when I sit in front of the computer I am no longer surrounded with yellow post-its, that I have collected over the last 24 hours. I am feeling 'at one' with the task. My hope is that it will now evolve from being a task, and become a pleasure.

I can tell that I am more comfortable, because I have reverted to using one of my favourite bits of software, a speech recognition package by the name of ‘Dragon NaturallySpeaking’. I love to use this software, but I have to be very careful, when, I use it. It is no problem when the children are at school, but when they are at home that’s another story!

Both children have my cruel and warped sense of humour, and when they hear me dictating, they love to burst in and talk to me as loud as possible, on one pretext or another, just to see if they can make their words appear on my screen.

On the topic of children, last night, and this morning was filled with trepidation. Our son came home from school with a message from the headmaster. The message was, “I would like to see you first thing tomorrow morning”.

Throughout the rest of the evening I asked both children the same question, in ten different ways, "How was your day", "Did you enjoy school today", Did you have any problems today". I was really asking “what did you do wrong today my little darlings?”

The good news is, it was nothing to do with the children at all. The school is having a Chinese visitor tomorrow, and the headmaster would like my wife to go in this afternoon and teach a group of children a few Chinese phrases.

So that is another lesson learned, don’t assume!

No comments:

Post a Comment