Started January 2 2013

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Paper An Elegy


Yesterday was one of those great days when nothing could go wrong.

An effortless drive into the centre of Manchester to see my accountant was only bettered by finding an empty parking space immediately outside his office. It was almost a pleasure to pay the £2.70 an hour parking fee to Manchester City Council.

The day got even better when he pointed out an item that I had not claimed for, was in fact, deductible.

Arrived home to find the postman had delivered a Christmas present from Mr Toft, a book, “PAPER an Elegy”, by Professor Ian Sansom.

Before I even opened it, I was in ecstasy, no run of the mill glossy cover for this cellulosic treasure, instead, a tactile adventure to whet the appetite.

There are 12 chapters, shall I gorge myself and read it at one sitting, with pots of coffee and plates of biscuits, or prolong the pleasure as much as I can, and take in, maybe, just one chapter at a time? Decisions, decisions!

Yesterday somehow became filled with too many pleasurable distractions, including sending out my first invoice of the year.

I did not get around finishing the notes on water and effluent. I really DO have to do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment