Started January 2 2013

Friday 11 January 2013

From Mind Mapping to 'Systems'

Today was a mixed day. We started off by attending school assembly where my wife led the children in greeting their Chinese visitor in Chinese. As we left the school later, and walked past the children, now in the playground, many children ran up to the fence and repeated the Chinese for 'Thank you' and 'Goodbye'.  All the children were really enthusiastic, and we are now thinking, is there a business opportunity here? Could there be a demand for some private Mandarin classes?

Later I did a little Mind Mapping. The software has improved greatly with their last upgrade which allows a presentation to be exported as a video.

The final piece of jigsaw for the day is form-filling. My least favourite job! I am planning to become an examination centre, and as you can imagine, there is just a huge amount of paperwork to be generated. I need to provide not just the expected data, but policies for this and strategies for that, not to mention 'systems' I think I am going to have a very taxing weekend.




2 comments:

  1. Hello, Steven! I do hope that your plan pushed through! It would be great for you and the kids! In regards to mind mapping, there are lots of mind mapping applications you could use for your iPhone or laptop. They just differ in style, and some have add-on features that can help you visualize more. Still, their process are likely the same.

    Alexandra Gale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandra, Thanks for the comment. I love Mind Maps, they are a fantastic tool, and because they are still not widely used they have great IMPACT. Much better than 'death by powerpoint'.

    I teach papermaking to adults in the paper industry, and mind maps always get a good reception.

    I'm very selfish. I don't want mind maps to catch on, then my presentations will always have a great impact compared to the 'other stuff!'

    ReplyDelete