Started January 2 2013

Wednesday 16 January 2013

A little rant


Hi all, two of the class were missing today, because they were covering for sick colleagues. We had a great day, a test, my talking, and a tour of the water treatment plant, lunch, some more talking by me, and then a trip to another mill.  This mill makes security paper.

I was lucky, almost everyone I had taught at that mill happened to be on that shift today. What made me feel good, was that it was an unexpected surprise to bump into a few of them that were genially happy to see me. What made the experience great, was that others, from my old courses, actually went out of their way to come and find me and say hello. It gave me a warm glow, and made me feel that all that preparation work, that no-one sees, before the classes, was worthwhile. I must have done something right to engender this respect.

Before the day started, I was watching the news.  I was impressed by the Bradshaw family, on the news. They are trying to live a whole year by only buying British.

Whether they are British, or American, or Greek, I fully support their idea. If you want YOUR country to survive then buy stuff made in your country, by your people, that pay tax to your government.

Don’t whinge about the unemployment in your country if you buy foreign stuff?

Every time you buy a product from another country, THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES

It deprives one of your own countrymen of a job

It gives a job to a person in the country that you are complaining about

Because of economies of scale it makes all the other stuff of that kind, more expensive to produce in your country, and cheaper to make in their country

1 comment: