Started January 2 2013

Thursday 17 January 2013

Horsing Around



So, one of our supermarkets has found somewhere around 29% horse meat in their value burgers!

People in the UK stopped eating horse meat around 1930. In some countries, like France it is a delicacy.  According to Wikipedia the top 8 horse eating countries consume 4.7 million horses each year. 

Being British, I have to see the funny side of everything. I hope you all like these few quick quips , courtesy of my Facebook friends and others.




The wife just made me a burger and asked if I want anything on it? 
I said "go on then, make it a fiver each way"!!

I just went to the fridge to check my burgers. And they’re off !

I wonder if these burgers will give me the trots?

HEALTH NOTICE Don’t leave your burgers out of the freezer furlong!

If the burgers give you any problems, you may end up at the horsepital

The wife just made me a burger and asked: Would you like flies with that?

Excuse me, I’m a vegetarian, do you have any UniQuorn burgers?

After eating that burger I felt terrible, but I’m stable now





4 comments:

  1. Thanks, glad you liked it. I almost wove them into a story, maybe i will save that for next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post... I'm not sure what all the fuss is about quite frankly... servicemen used to eat horse meat to survive and horse meat is a delicacy in some countries as you so rightly pointed out.... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Boo. You are so right, it's a purely cultural thing. Actually it is perfectly legal to sell and eat horse meat in UK. What was wrong was telling us it was cow when it was really horse. I don't mind eating Horse, if I am paying horse prices, or Chicken if I am paying chicken prices!

    ReplyDelete