Started January 2 2013

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Microchip your...

Not the Brightest
A football manager walked into the changing room before the game.  He went over to his new signing and said, 'I'm not supposed to let you play since you failed your maths test, but we really need you today. So, what I am going to do is ask you a maths question, and if you get it right then you will be allowed to play.'

The player agreed, and the manager asked him, "What is two plus two?"

The player thought for a moment and then answered, '4?'

'Did you say 4?' the manager shouted excitedly, 

Suddenly all the other players on the team began shouting..., 'Come on, give him another chance!'


Pet News
So the government are bringing in compulsory 'chipping' of dogs. The article goes on to say that more than 3000 postal workers were attacked by dogs last year. I really do not see how that will be affected by putting a chip in a dog!

If there was a GPS facility in the chip it would be very useful if the dog got lost, but it only works over a few millimetres  . I can see the up side if a lost dog is found, it will be easier to return. But that is the only upside. I am really struggling to see the point of chipping.

Who will get their dogs chipped? The open honest folk that have enough money! 

Who will not get their dogs chipped? Pensioners that can't afford it out of their meagre pensions?Those on benefits who breed dogs as an undeclared sideline?

And what will be the consequence? I can see mass dumping of unchipped dogs, to avoid the fines.
What if your dog escapes, you catch her and she is pregnant? Will we see a new industry growing up for dog abortions? Or will we just find sacks full of abandoned puppies?

What about the cost of policing it. Undoubtedly some councils will already be planning to employ 'chip wardens' to scan every dog they can find.

Finally I suppose, like all government announcements we should ask the questions, Why This? and Why Now?

Are they really interested in this issue, or is it simply to distract us from other things. While we are thinking and writing about dog tagging, we are not thinking and talking about other things, such as 

their friends the bankers and what they did with the LIBOR rate
their minister friends that get their wives to lie about speeding offences
the potential treble dip recession


Trainer Talk
Today I am starting work on the last of the Front Line Manager Technical Programme Modules. It is not due to run until April, but while I have been working on other similar courses, I think my brain is at the right level and in the right mood.

I have just looked at my YouTube video's and have found that I have now broken the 2000 viewings barrier. It sounds good until my daughter tells me she has had over 8,000 views of her minecraft videos.

Yesterday I had a mill call to book courses for 2014, so I have plenty of time to think about that!!

This morning I have also agreed dates for the 4 x 1-week Machineman Development Course, to be run in 2014


Thought for the Day?

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

No comments:

Post a Comment